Links and Resources
Australian Business Registry
The Australian Business Register (ABR) stores details about businesses and organisations when they register for an Australian business number (ABN).
The Register is recognised nationally as a valuable asset and is used by the community and government daily to identify and verify business information which is categorised into two types:
- Public information - is available to anyone and can be viewed via ABN Lookup. Information in the Register is used by the community to verify business details - for example when ordering and invoicing
- Non-public information - is available to the ABN holder, their authorised contact and eligible government agencies
Source: ABR website
Australian Taxation Office
Australian Securities and Investments Commission
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) is Australia's corporate, markets and financial services regulator.
As an independent Commonwealth Government body, ASIC is set up under and administers the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (ASIC Act), and carries out much of its work under the Corporations Act 2001 (Corporations Act).
The ASIC Act requires the organisation to:
- maintain, facilitate and improve the performance of the financial system and entities in it
- promote confident and informed participation by investors and consumers in the financial system
- administer the law effectively and with minimal procedural requirements
- enforce and give effect to the law
- receive, process and store, efficiently and quickly, information that is given to us
- make information about companies and other bodies available to the public as soon as practicable.
Source: ASIC website
Return to WorkSA
Phone 13 18 55
400 King William Street, Adelaide SA 5000
ReturnToWorkSA is responsible for providing work injury insurance and regulating the South Australian Return to Work scheme.
They provide insurance that protects South Australian businesses and their workers in the event of a work injury.
Source: ReturnToWorkSA website